- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alpine Lodge and Alpine Chalets
At a Glance
- if you haven't the time or budget for a backcountry lodge then this is a nice substitute
- put aside a couple of hours to do a bushwalk
- bring repellent for the sandflies
- watch for wasps in mid-summer
- can be busy in mid-summer
Check Rates from our Partners
Alpine Lodge and Alpine Chalets Review
Accommodations run from full suites ($$) to backpacker dorms (¢). With the wood paneling and dormer windows, the building may feel somewhat European-alpine, but the view out the window is all Kiwi. Although in the center of the village, the lodge is at the national park boundary, a short bushwalk away from Lake Rotoiti. A few two-bedroom apartments are good for families. The lodge has a licensed restaurant and a bar for casual meals. Good meals are also available at the Alpine Lodge Café downstairs next door in the Chalets.
- Address: Main Rd., St. Arnaud, 7072 | Map It
- Phone: 03/521–1869
- Website: www.alpinelodge.co.nz
- Location: Nelson Lakes National Park
- 28 rooms, 4 apartments, 1 dorm.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed weekdays in winter; cafe closed in winter.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hai everyone... I finally visited New Zealand... Yeay!!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I did all the driving and planning... We had 12 days journey in North Island from October 13 to October 24.. Read more
August 15-Sept 14, 2013
My love affair with the South Island of New Zealand continues. Read more
dumb question perhaps - I have looked at weather and still trying to figure out how to dress for glacier - We are travelling for 43 days in total.
Leave Dec 4 Auckland to Queenstown (Dec. 25) using the Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more