- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dolphin Watch Nature Tours. Swim with or watch dolphins from September through April. Rare Hector dolphins, bottlenose, dusky and common dolphins all frequent the stunning Marlborough Sounds. Visits from Orcas (killer whales) are another highlight. Or engage with the prolific birdlife on Motuara Island, an island wildlife reserve and home to rare and endangered species. Walk to the top of the island for a great view of the sounds. Several tour options include Dolphin Swim and View, Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary and Dolphin Cruise, Bird Watchers Expedition, incuding close-up encounters with King Shags. The Waterfront, Picton Foreshore, Picton, 7220. 03/573–8040 or 0800/945–354–33. www.naturetours.co.nz. From NZ$99. Morning tours depart 9am and run 2–4 hours; guided walks leave at 1:30pm (4 hrs).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's