- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
It's a 100-km (65-mi) drive south from Nelson to St. Arnaud, the hub of the park. Head south on State Highway 6; at Wai-iti, just south of Wakefield, veer left off the highway and follow the Golden Downs Road through to St. Arnaud. From the south, head 35 km (21 mi) north from Murchison, and turn left at the Kawatiri Junction. It's a further 30 minutes to St. Arnaud. You can also come up the Wairau Valley from Blenheim, leaving Sate Highway 6 at Renwick.
Shuttle transport to the park is available through Nelson Lakes Shuttles; they will deliver to most track terminus points and the main stops as well. They can also link you between the various local national parks and wilderness areas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's