- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Motueka is a 50-minute drive west of Nelson, on State Highway 60. You can also arrive from the south along the Motueka Valley Highway, which leaves State Highway 6 at Kohatu, 50 minutes north of Murchison. From Motueka it's a one-hour drive over the Takaka Hill to Golden Bay.
Abel Tasman Coachlines and Atomic Shuttles run the smaller routes from Nelson to Motueka, Takaka, and the Abel Tasman and Kahurangi national parks. These cut their service frequency in winter, or stop altogether.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's