- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You won't lack for places to land some whopping brown trout. Fishing season here runs from October to April. Fly-fishing excursions to local rivers and remote backcountry areas, involving hiking or helicopter trips, give plenty of excitement to visiting anglers. Daily guiding rates are generally around NZ$780 per day and include lunches, drinks, and 4WD transportation. Best areas to base yourself for trout fishing are: St. Arnaud, Motueka, Murchison, and Nelson city itself.
Strike Adventure Fishing. Zane Mirfin is one of New Zealand's most experienced fly-fishing guides. His company, Strike Adventure, takes clients to the best spots throughout Nelson and Marlborough, as well as the West Coast and North Canterbury. 03/541–0020. www.strikeadventure.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's