- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You won't lack for places to land some whopping brown trout. Fishing season here runs from October to April. Fly-fishing excursions to local rivers and remote backcountry areas, involving hiking or helicopter trips, give plenty of excitement to visiting anglers. Daily guiding rates are generally around NZ$780 per day and include lunches, drinks, and 4WD transportation. Best areas to base yourself for trout fishing are: St. Arnaud, Motueka, Murchison, and Nelson city itself.
Strike Adventure Fishing. Zane Mirfin runs Strike Adventure, the only guiding company in the northern South Island to hold all commercial access permits to crown lands, offering plenty of opportunities in some amazing locations. 03/541–0020. email@example.com. www.strikeadventure.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe