- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Albatross Encounter. Albatross Encounter operates tours by boat to view and feed the large varieties of seabirds off the Kaikoura Coast, including the mighty albatross. Tours operate three times daily in summer and twice daily in winter, and cost NZ$110 for adults and $55 for children. It's an intimate encounter with some of the planet's most spectacular birds. They also offer "Dolphin Encounter" tours that take you out to swim with the dolphins off the Kaikoura Coast. 96 The Esplanade, Kaikoura, 7300. 03/319–6777 or 0800/733–365. email@example.com. www.encounterkaikoura.co.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe