- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The most popular entry to the Park from Takaka is at the northern end of the Heaphy Track, south of Collingwood. However, most people walk the Heaphy one-way, so you'll need to arrange a bus drop-off. A less known entry is up the Cobb Valley: turn left at East Takaka, at the base of the Takaka Hill on its western side. The Cobb Valley road ends approximately 22 km (15 mi) farther in. Abel Tasman Coachlines also runs daily connections to the northern end of the Heaphy Track in summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's