Fodor's Choice: The Best Hotels in Upper South Island and the West Coast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Upper South Island and the West Coast Hotels
Adrift In Golden Bay
A short walk across soft green grass from your unit gets you to . . .
|$$$||Golden Bay and Takaka|
Bay of Many Coves
Designed by the architect of the national museum Te Papa in Wellington,. . .
Lake Brunner Lodge
On the southern shore of Lake Brunner, a 40-minute drive southeas. . .
Old St. Mary's Convent
This striking turn-of-the-20th-century building was once a convent,. . .
Owen River Lodge
These beautifully appointed cottages overlook the valley, each. . .
This 1923 house is one of Marlborough's original homesteads; its. . .
Wakefield Quay House
With just the road running between the front door and the sea,. . .
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki
In a World Heritage–listed rainforest on the banks of the Moeraki. . .
|$$$$||Westland National Park|
Browse All Upper South Island and the West Coast Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
* Some taxes, fees additional