- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hokitika is the pick of the towns running down the West Coast, with the pounding ocean before it and the bush-covered hills behind. It's a place of simple pleasures: scouting the crafts galleries, taking a bushwalk, enjoying the seafood, and looking for evocatively shaped driftwood on the beach. Hokitika is central enough to catch a scenic flight to the glaciers, or take a day trip to Punakaiki or Arthur's Pass.
Hokitika at a Glance
Elsewhere in Upper South Island and the West Coast
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Around Nelson
- Golden Bay and Takaka
- Kahurangi National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's