- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The drive to the Abel Tasman area from Motueka is just 15 minutes. Tour boats leave from Kaiteriteri and Marahau—turn hard right off State Highway 60 just after Riwaka, at the base of the Takaka Hill, to reach Kaiteriteri. Keep left at the same intersection to reach Marahau, but then take an immediate right over the Marahau Hill to Marahau. Walking access to the park is from Marahau. Take care driving on frosty winter mornings, as some corners stay frozen into the day.
Abel Tasman Coachlines service the Abel Tasman Park from Nelson and Motueka. Many tour operators provide transfers as well.
Abel Tasman Information is in the Motueka i-Site Visitor Centre in Motueka.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe