For fire, police, or ambulance services, dial 111.
In Auckland, the U.S. Consulate is open only from 9:30 until around 12:30 on weekdays.
In Wellington, the U.S. Embassy is open weekdays 10-noon and 2-4.
U.S. Consulate (Level 3, Citigroup Bldg., 23 Customs St., Auckland, 1010. 09/303-2724.)
U. S. Embassy (29 Fitzherbert Terr., Thorndon, Wellington, 6011. 04/462-6000.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand
- $1999 & up -- Australia 5-Night Escape w/Barrier Reef Trip Down Under Answers
- $1029 & up -- 12-Nt. Australia & New Zealand on Celebrity American Express Travel