Canyoning in Wanaka
Deep Canyon. With the steep rugged waterways of the Matukituki and Wilkin valleys within easy reach, Wanaka is a key spot in the country for canyoning. Deep Canyon leads expeditions down the Niger Stream, Wai Rata Canyon, and the Leaping Burn. No experience is necessary but the minimum age is 14. 100 Ardmore St., Wanaka, 9343. 03/443–7922; 0800/327–853 NZ only. www.deepcanyon.co.nz. From NZ$240 for a full day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's