- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rent a bicycle and explore along the shores of Lake Wanaka, and out along the Clutha River toward Albert Town. There are many places to rent bikes including Good Sports or Thunderbikes, for hard-core mountain bikes. For three weeks in January, Treble Cone (www.treblecone.co.nz) opens intermediate and expert trails to mountain bikers. The Sticky Forest and Dirt Park NZ (the Snow Park in winter) both have a network of trails for mountain biking. Treble Cone and Dirt Park provide a joint 10-day pass.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe