- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Qantas and Air New Zealand fly from Auckland and Christchurch into Queenstown, the main hub. Air New Zealand also serves Wanaka Airport. Tourist enterprises operate helicopters and fixed-wing planes which buzz between Queenstown, Wanaka, Milford Sound, Franz Josef, and Mt. Cook. You can do fly-cruise-fly packages from Queenstown to Milford, although the flight from Wanaka to Milford is the most spectacular.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe