- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Air Fiordland. Air Fiordland provides a range of scenic flights on its fixed-wing aircraft to Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound, with prices hovering around NZ$400. It also has combined packages providing the option of flying to Milford Sound and then taking a cruise boat or kayaking before returning to either Te Anau or Queenstown ($470). Te Anau Airport, Te Anau. 03/249–6720 or 0800/107–505. www.airfiordland.co.nz.
Wings and Water Te Anau Ltd.. Wings and Water Te Anau Ltd. operates scenic flights with a floatplane that takes travelers to some of the region's most inaccessible areas, including a 10-minute trip over Lake Te Anau, Lake Manapouri, and the Kepler Track and longer flights over Doubtful, Dusky, and Milford sounds. Costs range from NZ$95 for a 10-minute flight to NZ$415 for 90 minutes. Lakefront Dr., Te Anau, 9600. 03/249–7405. www.wingsandwater.co.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe