- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sea Kayak Fiordland. If you're an intrepid adventurer at heart, love camping and the great outdoors, and you're pretty active, then you'll find Sea Kayak's overnight trip an incredibly rewarding experience. It's not for the fainthearted; you can get wet and cold and the sandflies can be bad. But you'll be in a World Heritage area and you'll meet some wonderful like-minded people. If you're not keen on the overnight, go sea kayaking in Milford Sound for a day or half a day to gain the unique perspective on the fjord that being on the water gives you. Trips operate from September to May, with some differences according to location, so call ahead. 03/249–7700; 0800/200–434 NZ only. www.seakayakfiordland.co.nz. From NZ$130 for half-day; overnight trips from $NZ399.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's