- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Siberia Experience. Siberia Experience has one of the area's best adventure packages. The journey begins with a funky little yellow plane in a paddock-cum-airstrip. After a breathtaking 25-minute journey from Makarora, the pilot drops you off in the pristine wilderness of Mt. Aspiring National Park's Siberia Valley, and points you to a trailhead. From there, embark on a magnificent three-hour hike on a well-marked, relatively easy trail. Finally, a jet-boat meets you at the Wilkin River and returns you to Makarora. There is a hut out there if you'd like to arrange overnight stays. 48 Helwick St., Wanaka. 0800/345–666 or 03/443–4385. www.siberiaexperience.co.nz. NZ$310.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's