- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters. You'll feel like you're in good hands flying with this company, which has highly sought-after helicopter pilots with a wealth of knowledge about the area. It's easily the best way to see this part of the country and even a short flight up the Remarkables or over the Skippers Canyon is an incredible experience, let along flying to Milford Sound, the West Coast, and Mt. Aspiring National Park, landing on a glacier on the way. There's a Middle Earth flight to some of the The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit locations—about as authentic as you can get as one of this company's pilots, Alfie Speight, was the principal aerial pilot for the movies. 03/442–3016. www.glaciersouthernlakes.co.nz. From NZ$220 per person.
Milford Sound Scenic Flights. Flightseeing combines a round-trip flight from Queenstown to Milford with a scenic cruise. You can also just fly over the Fiord. Flights are weather-dependent. 03/442–3065. www.milfordflights.co.nz. From NZ$365.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's