The Southern Alps and Fiordland Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Southern Alps and Fiordland Hotel Reviews
Lodgings in the Southern Alps and Fiordland milk the fantastic views for all they're worth. You can almost always find a room that looks out on a lake, river, or rugged mountain range. Queenstown and Wanaka are busy in the summer (January through March) and winter (July through September), so you should reserve in advance. Luxury options are plentiful in Queenstown, and costs are correspondingly high. Other towns, such as Aoraki/Mt. Cook Village, have extremely limited options, so you should plan ahead there, too. Air-conditioning is rare since it's rarely needed. Heating, though, is standard, and essential in winter.
Browse The Southern Alps and Fiordland Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's