- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are several walks—Tobin's Track, the Loop, Sawpit Gully, and the Lake Hayes Walk —to raise the fitness levels and give you a feeling for where you are. Some investigate the old gold history, but others give nice views. You can get details on all of them from the Lakes District Museum Information Centre. For easier ambles take the Arrow River Trail or the Bush Creek Trail. And if you want a real challenge tackle the hike out to the old gold settlement Macetown. Although you might hear the Macetown Bakery mentioned, be aware the place is a ghost town now and all that remains are remnants of the settlement.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's