- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
InterCity's two daily runs between Christchurch and Dunedin take about five to six hours. The company makes an extra run on Friday and Sunday. One daily InterCity bus continues on from Dunedin to Invercargill; this takes another four hours. Other bus companies operating in the region include Atomic Shuttles, Citibus, and Bottom Bus.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand