- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most flights to Dunedin and Invercargill go via Christchurch. Fog occasionally causes delays; luckily Christchurch Airport has a decent food court, a pool table, and an air hockey table to amuse you. Stewart Island Flights operates from Invercargill, or you can take a ferry to the island. One local described the choices as "either 60 minutes of fear or 20 minutes of terror," but that's true only on a bad day—both journeys afford breathtaking views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's