- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
At a Glance
- how often do you get to stay in the grounds of a castle?
- the food is not consistently good
- cheaper rooms do not have private baths
Check Rates from our Partners
Larnach Lodge Review
It's hard to beat panoramic sea views, 35 acres of gardens, the Larnach Castle next door, and luxury rooms of this small hotel. The Scottish Room has classic tartan bedcovers and curtains, heavy brass bedsteads, and a Robbie Burns rug; the Enchanted Forest Room has 19th-century William Morris wallpaper. Rooms with shared bathrooms in a converted 1870 Stables building are about half the regular rate. Entry to the castle and breakfast are included in the room rate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more