- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- how often do you get to stay at a castle?
- the food is not consistently good
Check Rates from our Partners
Larnach Lodge Review
It's hard to beat panoramic sea views, 35 acres of gardens, the Larnach Castle next door, and luxury theme rooms. The Scottish Room has classic tartan bedcovers and curtains, heavy brass bedsteads, and a Robbie Burns rug; the Enchanted Forest Room has 19th-century William Morris wallpaper. Rooms with shared bathrooms in a converted 1870 coach house are about half the regular rate. Entry to the castle and breakfast is included in the room rate.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hai everyone... I finally visited New Zealand... Yeay!!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I did all the driving and planning... We had 12 days journey in North Island from October 13 to October 24.. Read more
August 15-Sept 14, 2013
My love affair with the South Island of New Zealand continues. Read more
dumb question perhaps - I have looked at weather and still trying to figure out how to dress for glacier - We are travelling for 43 days in total.
Leave Dec 4 Auckland to Queenstown (Dec. 25) using the Read more
· News & Features
With its rich history, intoxicating culture, and gorgeous mix of architecture, Cambodia serves up sights... Read more
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more