- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Driving to the peninsula gives you freedom to stop when and where you choose, and the route is quite scenic, as much of the road hugs the water. The Dunedin city bus leaves throughout the day from Cumberland Street to the peninsula; check the Otago Regional Council Web site for the schedule. You can also see the peninsula sights via a harbor boat cruise.
Visitor information is available at the Dunedin Visitor Information Centre, but for facts specific to the peninsula, check out the Visit Otago Peninsula Web site.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T — $1,120 Air New Zealand