- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Invercargill's airport (IVC) is 3 km (2 mi) from city center. From Invercargill, Air New Zealand runs direct flights to Christchurch, and Stewart Island Flights hops over to Stewart Island. Several rental car companies operate in the terminal. Taxis from Invercargill Airport into town cost NZ$8-$9. A shuttle run by Executive Car Services costs NZ$8-$14 per person, and there's usually a shuttle waiting for each flight. Executive Car Service also rents secure car storage. Invercargill is extremely walkable, and also particularly driver-friendly. One daily InterCity bus continues on from Dunedin to Invercargill; this takes another four hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's