Otago, Invercargill, and Stewart Island Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Otago, Invercargill, and Stewart Island Hotel Reviews
Dunedin has a full range of accommodations, from modest hostels to luxury hotels, whereas Invercargill has more motels than anything else. Local motels generally provide clean rooms with kitchens and TVs. Stewart Island's lodging options tend to be smaller boutique establishments, usually on the expensive side. Throughout the region air-conditioning is a rarity, but given the cool climate, this isn't a problem. Heating, on the other hand, is standard in most places.
It's a good idea to make reservations, especially in summer. In Dunedin, rooms can be scarce around special events, such as graduation ceremonies and high-profile rugby games.
Browse Otago, Invercargill, and Stewart Island Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe