- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Forsyth Barr Stadium. Is this real grass growing in a covered stadium? Originally developed for the space industry, a transparent polymer roof crowns this commanding 30,000 seater, which was completed in 2011. Take a tour of the stadium; scream yourself hoarse at a rugby match; soak up the atmosphere of a soccer game; choose a concert; or shop at the Stadium Market on a Sunday. Home games for super-rugby's Highlanders are played here, as are provincial rugby team Otago, and soccer's Southern United. Tickets sell out quick for international rugby fixtures; there's nothing like watching a pregame haka (Māori warrior dance) when national team, the All Blacks, are in town! Ticket prices start from NZ$25 but depend hugely on the type of match; internationals go well into hundreds of dollars. You can take a tour of the stadium (including up into the roof). 130 Anzac Ave., Dunedin, 9058. 03/479–2823 or 0800/246–464. www.forsythbarrstadium.co.nz. Tours $20.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's