- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taking a bus is a cheap and also easy alternative to driving. Several companies serve all but the most out-of-the-way spots. InterCity (contact the Paihia branch), Newmans, and Northliner Express all run several times daily between Auckland and the Bay of Islands and connect to the other Northland centers at least once a day. Auckland to Paihia takes about 4½ hours and to Kerikeri about 5½ hours.
InterCity (64 9/583–5780. www.intercitycoach.co.nz.)
Newmans (09/583–5780. www.newmanscoach.co.nz.)
Northliner Express (09/583–5780. www.northliner.co.nz.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's