- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Marlin Fishing New Zealand. Go for the big ones off the Northland coast and around Three Kings Islands. The cost is NZ$3,700 per day for a maximum of four people, including all tackle and meals but excluding alcohol. 09/402–8189 or 0274/776–604. www.marlinfishing.co.nz.
A far less-expensive alternative than pricey marlin fishing is to fish for snapper and kingfish within the bay.
Spot-X. Four-hour snapper-fishing charters cost NZ$800 for up to six people, or if you're after kingfish then it's NZ$1200 for four of you. Trips include bait and tackle (bring your own lunch). 09/402–7123. www.fish-spot-x.co.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe