- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Carrington. There's an 18-hole, par-72, tournament-quality course, which meanders along 100 acres of coastline. The course shares the land with the Karikari Estate winery, and Carrington Resort, a luxury lodge. Green fees are NZ$135 per person, and clubs cost NZ$20 to rent. Matai Bay Rd., Karikari Peninsula, 0483. 09/408-1049. www.heritagehotels.co.nz/Carrington-Resort.
Kauri Cliffs. The spectacular par-72 championship course at Kauri Cliffs has four sets of tees to challenge every skill level. Fifteen holes have views of the Pacific, and six are played alongside the cliffs. You can rent Callaway clubs from the pro shop (NZ$70). Green fees are NZ$360 per person from October thru April and NZ$270 other times. Kauri Cliffs is approximately 45 minutes' drive from Kerikeri. Matauri Bay Rd., Matauri Bay, 0478. 09/407-0010. www.kauricliffs.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand