Northland and the Bay of Islands Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Northland and the Bay of Islands Hotel Reviews
Northland accommodations vary from basic motels to luxury lodges. Your hosts, particularly in the bed-and-breakfasts, share their local knowledge and are a great resource on less-obvious attractions.
Paihia has plenty of vacation apartments and standard motels. The larger towns, especially Russell, have a range of high-end B&Bs, and luxury lodges sometimes come with private bays. Nearly all lodgings include Internet, but high-speed access is not as common. Air-conditioning is rare, but it's not really needed either.
High season runs from December through March. Some lodges have shoulder seasons in April and May, and September and October. Overall, room rates drop between May and October though many places also close for a break.
Browse Northland and the Bay of Islands Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe