Northland and the Bay of Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Footprints–Waipoua. The night tours to see Tane Mahuta and Te Matua Ngahere are led by local Māori guides, experienced bushmen who enrich your experience with their knowledge of the forest and wildlife, waiata (traditional Māori song), and tales from Māori legend. Spend four hours on the Twilight Encounter (NZ$95); a shortened version, Meet Tane at Night, takes 1½ hours (NZ$70). If you're really pressed for time, but want more than your own self-guided 10-minute jaunt, there is also a 40-minute tour (NZ$25). 334 State Hwy. 12, Omapere, 0473. 09/405–8207. www.footprintswaipoua.co.nz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's