- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
InterCity links all cities and towns throughout the region with regular daily service. Flexible travel passes let travelers stop off along the way as they like. Shuttles to major sites are available. Newmans Coach Lines provides daily, direct links with Waitomo from both Auckland (two hours) and Rotorua (two hours). The Waitomo Wanderer links Rotorua and Taupo with Waitomo (two hours) once daily each way. From Otorohanga, the Waitomo Shuttle (book in advance) connects with major bus and train arrivals.
InterCity (09/913–6100. www.intercity.co.nz.)
Waitomo Shuttle (0800/808–279. firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Waitomo Wanderer (0800/304–333. www.travelheadfirst.com.)
Naked Bus (0900/62633. www.nakedbus.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's