- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Stratford is in central Taranaki, at the junction of State Highway 3, which passes through the region along the eastern side of Mt. Taranaki, and State Highway 43 "The Forgotten Highway." Traveling by car, Stratford is just more than a 30-minute drive from New Plymouth. Daily bus services through Stratford, linking New Plymouth and Wanganui are available with InterCity. Timetables vary throughout the week. Bookings can be made through i-SITE Visitor Centres in the region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's