Sights & Attractions in North Island's West Coast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eons of dripping water have sculpted a delicate garden of pink-and-white...
Billy Black's Kiwi Culture Show
An attraction of the non-cave variety, this difficult-to-describe...
|Arts / Performance Venues||Waitomo|
Mt. Taranaki is an ever-receding presence in your rearview mirror...
|Scenic Drives||New Plymouth|
Te Anga–Marokopa Road
This classic backcountry road works its way west out of Waitomo...
Te Koru Historic Reserve
To get a sense of the Taranaki's turbulent history, drive inland...
|Nature Preserves||New Plymouth|
One of the most interesting short walks in the country is the...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's