Sights & Attractions in North Island's West Coast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At Aranui Cave, eons of dripping water have sculpted a delicate...
Billy Black's Kiwi Culture Show
An attraction of the non-cave variety, Billy Black's Kiwi Culture...
|Arts / Performance Venues||Waitomo|
Mt. Taranaki is an ever-receding presence in your rearview mirror...
|Scenic Drives||New Plymouth|
Te Anga–Marokopa Road
This classic backcountry road works its way west out of Waitomo...
Te Koru Historic Reserve
To get a sense of the turbulent history in Taranaki, drive through...
|Nature Preserves||New Plymouth|
One of the most interesting short walks in the country is the...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe