- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Café Cuba Review
Just off the Square, this café is a funky and popular local haunt for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and after shows. Laid-back music plays in the background, and there are plenty of magazines to peruse over breakfast options like bubble and squeak with bacon or the ubiquitous eggs Benedict. Later in the day, classic fish-and-chips, kumara (sweet potato) cakes, herbed mussels, or chicken caesar satisfy. Pastas, salads, and sweet things fill the lunch cabinet, and the counter staff tempts with interesting smoothies and milk shakes—perhaps chocolate and spearmint?
- Address: Cuba and George Sts., Palmerston North, 4410
- Phone: 06/356–5750
- Location: Palmerston North
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Since this board, especially Mel, was so helpful to me while I planned my trip I wanted to pay it forward and do a short trip report. Read more
Need some advice for getting internet access while travelling around the South Island in NZ in October. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more