- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Café Cuba Review
Just off the Square, this café is a funky and popular local haunt for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and after shows. Laid-back music plays in the background, and there are plenty of magazines to peruse over breakfast options like bubble and squeak with bacon or the ubiquitous eggs Benedict. Later in the day, classic fish-and-chips, kumara (sweet potato) cakes, herbed mussels, or chicken caesar satisfy. Pastas, salads, and sweet things fill the lunch cabinet, and the counter staff tempts with interesting smoothies and milk shakes—perhaps chocolate and spearmint?
- Address: Cuba and George Sts., Palmerston North, 4410
- Phone: 06/356–5750
- Location: Palmerston North
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more