- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The main driving route to Raglan is from Hamilton, a pleasant 45 km (28 mi) drive through rural and forest landscape. Travelers from Auckland can turn off State Highway 1 at Ngaruawahia (10 minutes north of Hamilton) and follow State Highway 39 to Whatawhata to join the road from Hamilton. Turn right to Raglan. Buses to Raglan (NZ$7.50) run from Hamilton several times daily.
Pick up the bus at the Hamilton Transport Centre and get off at one of the several Raglan stops, including the Raglan Library. For a backcountry adventure, drive south to Waitomo via Kawhia and Te Anga.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe