North Island's West Coast Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Island's West Coast Hotel Reviews
Bed-and-breakfasts are often stylishly converted country homesteads; sometimes they're custom built. Find luxury lodges and a wonderful range of self-catering villas and cottages (some on working farms, others with spectacular coastal locations, and a few deep in the forest-covered hinterland). National parks have mountain lodges, river lodges, and basic backcountry huts and camping spots managed by the Department of Conservation.
In tourist towns and larger cities, there's the full range of options: boutique hotels, standard hotels with basic rooms, motels with full kitchens, holiday parks with RV sites and sometimes motels and apartments, and backpacker hostels. Although hostels are generally budget options, many with shared facilities, an increasing number are modern and with private en suite rooms.
Browse North Island's West Coast Hotels
- The Flying Fox
- The Whanganui River and Whanganui National Park
- Out in the Styx Cafe and Guesthouse
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1298 -- New Zealand in 'Summer' w/Tahiti Stop, $795 Off Air Tahiti Nui & Tourism New Zealand
- $1120* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T — $1,120 Air New Zealand