North Island's West Coast Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Island's West Coast Hotel Reviews
Bed-and-breakfasts are often stylishly converted country homesteads; sometimes they're custom built. Find luxury lodges and a wonderful range of self-catering villas and cottages (some on working farms, others with spectacular coastal locations, and a few deep in the forest-covered hinterland). National parks have mountain lodges, river lodges, and basic backcountry huts and camping spots managed by the Department of Conservation.
In tourist towns and larger cities, there's the full range of options: boutique hotels, standard hotels with basic rooms, motels with full kitchens, holiday parks with RV sites and sometimes motels and apartments, and backpacker hostels. Although hostels are generally budget options, many with shared facilities, an increasing number are modern and with private en suite rooms.
Browse North Island's West Coast Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's