- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Hawera is in southern Taranaki on State Highway 3, which passes through the region along the eastern side of Mt. Taranaki. Traveling by car, the town is one hour south of New Plymouth and just more than an hour north of Wanganui. Two daily bus services (InterCity) link Hawera with New Plymouth and Wanganui. Timetables vary throughout the week. Bookings can be made through i-SITE Visitor Centres in the region.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's