- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This quiet country town, a hub for the farming community, can give you a close look at the local history and way of life. Tawhiti Museum is a national gem. For the more adventurous there is the opportunity to "dam-drop" on the Waingongoro River.
Hawera at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in North Island's West Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's