- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Manganui. The only ski slope on Mt. Taranaki is owned by a small club and only operates for 10 to 30 days each winter (June–October), based on snow conditions. Non-members can buy tow passes for a day. Facilities are limited, it's a 20-minute walk from the parking lot to the ski area, and the terrain is for intermediate and advanced skiers. Egmont National Park, 4391. www.skitaranaki.co.nz.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's