- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Travel on either State Highway 1 or State Highway 1B (which avoids Hamilton city and is clearly signposted from Taupiri); Cambridge is an easy 2-hour drive from Auckland and 20 minutes from Hamilton. Continuing south, Rotorua is a 1-hour drive and Taupo is 1½ hours away. InterCity coach services connect daily from these cities and towns. By air, you'll arrive at Hamilton Airport, 14 km (9 mi) northwest of Cambridge; shuttle and taxi services connect you to town.
The best way to check out Cambridge is to park your car and explore the Village Square, i-SITE Visitor Centre (where you can purchase wireless Internet access), and historic Town Hall, then stroll down to Victoria, Empire, and Commerce streets.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe