- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Because it's on State Highway 1, Cambridge provides a good lunch break on your way elsewhere. But this cute town, with its galleries, cafés, historic buildings, and rural English character, is worth a closer look. The tree-lined Village Square provides plenty of entertainment: watch summer cricket matches, or explore the Farmers' Market (Saturday 8–noon) or the Lions Trash and Treasure Market (second Sunday each month). Cambridge is known for its English trees, which provide an elegant canopy over the town's specialty designer shops, art galleries, and cafés. It's also home to the country's thoroughbred industry.
Cambridge at a Glance
Elsewhere in North Island's West Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's