- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Because it's on State Highway 1, Cambridge provides a good lunch break on your way elsewhere. But this cute town, with its galleries, cafés, historic buildings, and rural English character, is worth a closer look. The tree-lined Village Square provides plenty of entertainment: watch summer cricket matches, or explore the Farmers' Market (Saturday 8-noon) or the Lions Trash and Treasure Market (second Sunday each month). Cambridge is known for its English trees, which provide an elegant canopy over the town's specialty designer shops, art galleries, and cafés. It's also home to the country's thoroughbred industry.
Cambridge at a Glance
Elsewhere in North Island's West Coast
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1048* & up -- New Zealand in 'Fall' from West Coast, R/T Air New Zealand