- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
InterCity, along with its subsidiary company Newmans, runs regular bus services for the entire region. Comfortable, reasonably priced, and efficient, both are particularly useful to backpackers and people who are in no particular hurry.
The Napier-to-Auckland trip takes 8 hours, Napier–Rotorua is 3½ hours, Napier–Taupo is 2¼ hours, and Napier–Wellington is 6 hours. Frequent local services go between Napier and Hastings. There's one bus service a day to Gisborne, with Newmans and InterCity, from either Auckland, via Rotorua, or from Wellington, via Napier. These trips take a solid day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's