- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Barbary (64 7/378 5879. www.sailbarbary.co.nz.)
Huka Falls River Cruise (630 Aratiatia Dam Rd., Tongariro National Park, 3377. 0800/278–336. www.hukafallscruise.co.nz.)
Alpine Hot Bus (508/468–287. www.alpinehotbus.co.nz.)
Paradise Tours. With Taupo as a base you can explore the highlights of the region with Paradise Tours. If you are pushed for time then it offers for NZ$99 adult and NZ$45 child a 3½-hour tour including the Huka Falls, Craters of the Moon thermal park and Huka Honey Hive where you can taste wild honey and handmade ice cream. For NZ$355 you can take in the hightlights of Rotorua including Wai-o-tapu Thermal Wonderland, the Te Puia Maori Arts and Crafts Institute and Whakarewarewa Thermal Valley plus a lunchtime Cultural Concert followed by a show at the Agrodome Farm Show. The operators will pick you up at your accommodation. 07/378–9955. www.paradisetours.co.nz.
Tongariro Expeditions (07/377–0435 or 0800/828–763. www.tongariroexpeditions.com.)
Department of Conservation (www.doc.govt.nz.)
Ruapehu Promotion Site. Check out this website for a wide range of chalet rentals. www.ruapehu.co.nz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's