- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Most of the sights outside the Rotorua city area can be reached from State Highway 30, which branches right off Fenton Street at the southern corner of town. Lake Tarawera, the Blue and Green lakes, and the Buried Village are all accessed from Highway 30; farther east, you reach the airport, lakes Rotoiti and Rotoma, and Hell's Gate. Keeping on Fenton Street will lead to Lake Road and back onto Highway 5, which goes to Paradise Valley, Fairy Springs Road, and farther out of town to Ngongotaha and the Agrodome.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's