East Coast and the Volcanic Zone Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
East Coast and the Volcanic Zone Hotel Reviews
Accommodations range from superexpensive lodges to multistory hotels and a great selection and price range of motels. Another excellent option is the bed-and-breakfast establishments in town centers or in the depths of the countryside where you can succumb to the silence, curl up, and read a book, or cast a fly in a quiet stream.
Rotorua has lodgings in all price ranges. If you're willing to stay out of the town center, you can find bargain rates virtually year-round. In both Rotorua and Taupo, many hotels and motels give significant discounts on their standard rates in the off-season, from June through September. For stays during the school holidays in December and January, book well in advance. Also note that peak season in Tongariro National Park and other ski areas is winter (June-September); summer visitors can usually find empty beds and good deals. Many places, even the fanciest lodges, don't have air-conditioning, as the weather doesn't call for it.
Browse East Coast and the Volcanic Zone Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe