- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Air New Zealand Link flies daily to Gisborne from Auckland and Wellington. Flights last about an hour. The small Gisborne Airport (GIS) is about 5 km (3 mi) from town. You can catch a taxi to the city center for NZ$20. Gisborne is a long way from almost anywhere, though the coastal and bush scenery along the way makes the drive wholly worthwhile. Most of the town's historical sights and other attractions are too spread out to explore them by foot, and a car is needed for the spectacular countryside. The main driving approach is by SH 2, which becomes Gladstone Street as it enters the town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's