Getting Here and Around
Whangamata is the Coromandel's last port of call, as the Peninsula segues southward into the Bay of Plenty. If you're only passing through but you've got a couple of hours to spare, check out some of the short bush walks in the area, or, of course, head down to the beach.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe