Ferry. Auckland ferry company 360 Discovery operates a ferry service from downtown Auckland to Coromandel, daily during peak summer holiday season, five days per week during the rest of summer and three days a week during winter. The sailing takes just under two hours and travels via Waiheke Island to Hannafords Wharf, 7 km (4 mi) from Coromandel township. A free shuttle service operates into town. One-way fare is $57. 0800/360–3472.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's