Ferry. Auckland ferry company 360 Discovery operates a ferry service from downtown Auckland to Coromandel, daily during summer and three days per week during winter. The sailing takes just under two hours and travels via Waiheke Island to Hannafords Wharf, 7 km (4 mi) from Coromandel township. A free shuttle service operates into town. One-way fare is $54.50. During summer a ferry/coach return combo is sometimes offered. 0800/360–3472.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe